Madtale Merlin: Team Build and Skills

Madtale Merlin Wiki Guide
Image assets via Madtale / Image editing by Medievalfun

Merlin is a great Madtale support character who can absorb the incoming damage taken by the most powerful teammate through his unique Prophecy Mark. He should be placed in the back row.

Madtale Merlin Profile

  • Pseudonym: Great Prophet
  • Camp: Life Federation
  • Profession: Sage
  • Type: INT Partner
  • Role: Support, Debuff
  • Recommended Attributes: HP, SPD

How to get Merlin in Madtale?

You can get Merlin via the Clock Tower, either by consuming your Miraculous Match items in the Advanced Recruit, Fated Match items in the Camp Recruit, or by spending your Friendship Points in the Friendship Recruit.

Additionally, you can pick Merlin as your favorite choice in the Glimmer Blessing window, the S+ tab (displayed in the upper-right corner of Advanced or Camp Recruit methods) and get him once you have enough Blessing Points.

Attribute Bonuses (Max. Level)


Recommended Partners

Madtale Prince Charming avatar

Prince Charming

Madtale Water Spirit avatar

Water Spirit


1. Song of Avalon (Ultimate)

Merlin’s Ultimate skill deals 120% ATK DMG to all enemies and grants the partner with the highest ATK 20% PAR for 2 rounds.

After upgrading this skill to the second level, the Skill DMG is increased to 155% ATK and the PAR bonus to 35%. The third level boosts the Skill DMG to 210% and the partner’s ATK by 20%.

2. Incubus’ Illusion (Passive)

This skill increases Merlin’s HP by 10% and ATK by 5%. These bonuses are further increased to 20% and 10% at level 2, followed by 30% HP and 20% ATK at level 3.

3. Grand Prophecy (Passive)

At the start of every round in battle, grants the teammate with the highest ATK a Prophecy Mark for 2 rounds. At level 2, the Prophecy Mark effect now can make all the next Direct DMG (Basic attack and Ultimate skill) taken by the target be returned to the enemy for 2 rounds. This effect is extended to 3 rounds after upgrading the skill to the third level.

4. Firedrake’s Protection (Passive)

Merlin’s basic attacks have a 40% chance to grant him a Prophecy Mark effect. The probability is increased to 60% at level 2, and 80% at level 3.

Exclusive Weapon: Living Staff

Living Staff - Merlin's exclusive weapon

The higher the Partner level, quality, and Paragenetic Weapon level, the more attribute bonuses this weapon provides. Here are the stats:

  • ATK Bonus: 28.7% (+88K)
  • DEF Bonus: 24.6% (+14.7k)
  • HP Bonus: 24.6% (+629K)
  • Total Power: 1123K

Paragenetic Weapons Skill Bonuses (Legendary Protection):

  • Unlocked: Casting an Ultimate skill grants Merlin 35% PAR for 2 rounds
  • +10 Unlocked: Increases ATK by 15%
  • +20 Unlocked: Casting an Ultimate skill grants Merlin 20% ATK for 2 rounds
  • +30 Unlocked: Reduces DMG taken by 20%
  • +40 Unlocked: When Merlin’s HP falls below 50% for the first time in battle, grants him a Prophecy Mark

Recommended Secrets

  • Fisherman’s Goldfish
    2-Piece Set: DEF Bonus +10%
    4-Piece Set: Releasing an Ultimate skill grants 20 Energy for all partners on the team
  • Frog’s Crown
    2-Piece Set: HP Bonus +10%
    4-Piece Set: When taking fatal DMG, becomes immune to it and restores 30% Max HP. Can only be triggered once per battle.
  • Wild Swans’ Nestle Clothes
    2-Piece Set: HP Bonus +10%
    4-Piece Set: Releasing the Ultimate Skill grants the two teammates with the lowest HP percentage a shield of 15% of the caster’s Max HP.
Madtale Merlin Wiki Guide
  • Release Date: Jul 12, 2023
  • Platform(s): Android, iOS
  • Genre(s): Adventure, Idle RPG,
  • Publisher(s): Archosaur Games
Article by

Cosmin is a passionate blogger and web designer with a keen interest in medieval-themed entertainment - whether it's playing medieval strategy games, watching movies, or reading books about that time period. This led him to create Medievalfun.