With so much competition and rush to get things done, especially now with the release of the Castle Era expansion, people wonder if one can advance in this game without spending any money. Luckily, the answer is yes, and Province Quests are one of the best ways to do so. In this guide, you’re going to learn everything about province quests, how to complete them, and the benefits they offer.
What are Province Quests?
The Province Quests are daily events and a very important step for your class and game progression if you participate on a daily basis. It’s a great opportunity to earn more powerful buffs and perks for yourself and your state.
After each completed Province Quest, you will receive a certain amount of experience for your class level, as well as class points. Each class point can be used to unlock more Cards and level up perks and bonuses for your class.
How to Join Province Quests
To join the province quests your castle must reach at least level 6 and have the Class Hall built. However, if your state is new, you will have to wait until an emperor is elected. Soon as the Emperor has been elected and placed in the Province Buildings, you will have access to your daily Province Quests.
Once you’ve completed those requirements, you can join your first Province Quest by tapping on the Class Hall building, and after that on ‘Province Quest‘. This will lead you to a screen where you can join the section that fits your chosen subclass.
As an example, a Craftsman with a subclass Architect can only participate in those sections for Architects ( each section will display the required class in the top right corner e.g. Architect lv.1 or lv.20, etc. ).
8 Useful tips before joining The Province Quests
1. Save your Cards
You should save your cards on a daily basis, especially if you have been chosen as a representative in any of the Province Buildings. By placing your best cards and saving them (use the Save button at the bottom of the Cards Use page) you and all the participants on these building’s missions will benefit from your perks and card bonuses.
2. Level Requirement
The Province Quests have also a level requirement, so make sure your current class level fits the required level of that mission, or you won’t be able to join.
3. Working Time
You can only join Province Quests during working hours (usually between 00:05 – 18:00). The working time is visible in the top left corner of each section (or province building) and the current time is in the top right corner.
4. Experience Amount
Each mission will have a specific duration and a certain amount of experience that you will receive after completing the mission. So it is recommended to join those with the highest amount of experience.
5. Best Perks
Each Representative will have different perks, and it is recommended to join those having perks with the highest experience bonus.
6. Groups of Three
At the bottom of each section, you will see groups formed by 3 squares, a big one followed by two smaller ones. Those will give you the highest experience if all three will be filled but also will require the highest amount of time to complete the mission (up to 5h). The other two people can be from any Alliance within your state.
7. Royal Prestige
Some missions require the Royal Prestige to be purchased, otherwise, you won’t be able to join these missions.
8. Be Fast
Each occupied square will also display the time left until the mission is completed, so once you see a spot will be soon released, make sure you join quickly as they are taken quickly ( especially those at the bottom in a group of three ).
Class Manual and Card Use
The Class Manual in Rise of Empires is the section where you can use all your points received after each completed province quest. These points can be used to upgrade and unlock more Cards and bonuses for your class and it will also affect how fast you will advance your class level.
To access the Class Manual, tap the Class Hall building inside your castle, and after that on the Class Manual icon. At the top, you have the two main tabs, Class Manual, the section where you’ll always be redirected the first time, and Card Use.
To use your points tap on the available class items and at the bottom click learn. Each subsequent chapter will require that the previous chapter or chapters be fully completed and some of them will require up to 10 points before moving to the next chapter.
There are different types of cards with different requirements and perks and each card must be placed in its corresponding position (only the general position will allow different types of cards). To use your cards, tap the Card Use tab, drag any of your existing cards at the bottom, into each corresponding position, and click ‘Save’.
- General Position: In this position, you can place either Income Card or a Class Card.
- Alliance Position: Only Alliance Cards are allowed and its perks will affect all the joined members within that Province building if you will be chosen as a Representative in your state.
- Class Position: Only Class Cards are allowed and their perks will provide Mission Experience bonuses.
- Income Position: Only Income Cards are allowed and their perks will provide Class related bonuses (e.g. gathering bonus for a Farmer Class, or troops might or resistance for a Raider Class).
6 Useful tips for your Card Manual and Card Use
1. Fast Learner
Always try to unlock and maximize these cards inside your Card Manual. Once unlocked you can place them in your Cards Use section. They will speed up your class-level progress by receiving more experience, such as:
- Fast Learner 1: upgraded to 10/10 will increase your mission experience points after completing a mission by 30%
- Fast Learner 2: upgraded to 10/10 will increase your mission experience points after completing a mission by 40%
- Fast Learner 3: upgraded to 10/10 will increase your mission experience points after completing a mission by 60%
- Fast Learner 4: upgraded to 10/10 will increase your mission experience points after completing a mission by 60%
2. Questing Adventurer
Similar to the Fast Learner card, this will also increase your experience points after completing a mission, but by a fixed amount such as:
- Questing Adventurer 1: upgraded to 10/10 will increase your mission experience points after completing a mission with 5.000 more points.
- Questing Adventurer 2: upgraded to 10/10 will increase your mission experience points after completing a mission with 5.000 more points.
- Questing Adventurer 3: upgraded to 10/10 will increase your mission experience points after completing a mission with 12.500 more points.
- Questing Adventurer 4: upgraded to 10/10 will increase your mission experience points after completing a mission with 12.500 more points.
- Questing Adventurer 5: upgraded to 10/10 will increase your mission experience points after completing a mission with 60.000 more points.
- Questing Adventurer 6: upgraded to 10/10 will increase your mission experience points after completing a mission with 120.000 more points.
3. Avoid Build Help Reduction
Save your points for more important cards and avoid upgrading those related to Help Reduction, unless you are a very patient person and like to wait for your allies to help you with your building or researching process.
4. Use All Cards Before Saving
You can only save the placement of your cards once a day, so before tapping the ‘Save’ button, make sure that all your best cards have been placed.
5. More Positions Slots
Some chapters such as the Vanguard for Raider class, once unlocked, will provide you 2 more position slots for your cards This means that you can use two more cards in your Cards Use section ( see card use image above ).
6. More Province Missions Cards
Once you’ll unlock the “More Work More Gain” cards, you will be able to do more missions each day:
- More Work More Gain 1: You can do one more daily mission ( So two in total ).
- More Work More Gain 2: You can do two more daily missions ( So 4 province missions in total, each day. ).
What happens after changing your class?
If you decide to change your class, the points accumulated and the unlocked cards are not transferable from one class to another, but they will remain valid if you want to change your class back.
By changing the class you will start from the first level and the building specific to the class ( e.g. for a Raider class the Raiders’ Hall building ) will not be destroyed, but the bonuses and the available perks will no longer be usable.
Province Quests: Frequently Asked Questions
How do you do Province quests in Rise of Empires?
In short, you can participate if your castle is at least level 6 and you have built the Class Hall building. Once you have these, you can send your legion(s) each day to participate in these quests for a specific period of time, ranging from 30min to a few hours.
Why I can't save my Cards placement in the Card Manual?
You can't save the card placement in the Cards Manual because you can only save them once a day.
Can I do Province Quests more than once per day?
Yes, you can do more if you have unlocked the “More Work More Gain” perks. The more you unlock, the more Province Quests you can do each day.
Province Quests are a great way to get extra experience and speed up your leveling progress in Rise of Empires. If you are patient and have a good strategy, you can easily complete these quests and get the most out of them.
Just remember to use all your best cards before saving, and to use your earned points in the Class manual to get the most experience and rewards. Thanks for reading and good luck with your quests!